8.19.2009

I.N.F.E.R.T.I.L.E.

My mom always used to call me fertile myrtle. I had great child bearing hips she would tell me. You see, I'm an only child. My mom was told when she was younger that she would never have children. She got married not too long after this news. She got pregnant with me at 19 and had me at 20 (she was never able to have another). My mom always had reproductive issues. She had cysts when she was a teenager. She was diagnosed with endometriosis at 17. She had her left ovary removed at age 24.

We had a conversation the other day about everything that was going on and that she couldn't believe that this is where we are. My family thought I'd have 3 or 4 kids by now. After thinking about our WTF appointment in a few weeks, it dawned on me that my 2 aunts from my father's side where both never able to get pregnant. This is something that I never thought to bring up before. I didn't really spend too much time around them, it just never crossed my mind. So curiosity is starting to get the best of me... Could genetics be my down fall? Wouldn't that be something... all these years and all the money we've spent for something that I would have never been able to help...

I have no clue if it will be an issue or not, but it is definitely on my list of things to bring up to the RE in a few weeks...

*********************************

So my boss is on vacation this week, which means I'm in charge of our department. Mind you I work with all chicks. It's a total estrogen-fest and for someone like me, I'd much rather be around guys all day long. I just tend to get a long better with men. I have more in common with them. I'm not your typical girlie girl. While I have my moments, I would much rather be watching a game as opposed to shopping...

Well, while the boss is away... man will the girls play... Now, I'm the youngest person in my department, so you can imagine how much people (especially older women, most of whom could be my own mother) like to listen to me. I digress... You ask them to do one tiny thing and it's like you are cutting off their air supply or something. So for the past 3 days I've been asking someone to get something done that was due Monday. My boss' boss (who I affectionately call GP) came back from vacation today. The first thing she asks if for the report for her 10 am meeting. So I approach said Rep and ask her for the report. She turns to me and says that she didn't have time to get to it. So, I ask her what she has been doing in the mean time since she'd had time off of her other duties in order to get it done. She flings her chair around to me and said, "I didn't feel like it was that important. I saw no rush in getting it done."

WELL... The entire department heard her say it including GP, who happened to be walking out to get a status report. Needless to say... GP forced said Rep into her office, closed the door and the entire building heard her lashing... I would not have wanted to be on the other side of that 'conversation'. It was A W E S O M E!!! So for something that should have taken MAYBE 2 hours to complete, said Rep got written up and CAN'T wait for my boss to come back so we can talk about it... tee hee....

I'm awful I know... But this particular person seriously can't stand me. It basically boils down to the fact that she doesn't like to take direction from someone younger than her. My boss is younger than her too, and she does the same sh*t to her. Such disrespect. Anywho... Karma... I love her!

1 comment:

Big Mama T said...

Karma really is a classy, classy lady isn't she? ;-)