7.19.2009

100 Useless Pieces of Information... about moi!

I'm extremely bored and was reading through my blog list and ran across this one...This cycle is driving me nuts so I'm going to take a few moments and try to come up with 100 things about myself... This should be quiet a project to do seeing as 25 seems hard... LOL

1. I am an only child
2. DH and I have been TTC for 4 years
3. We have 2 dogs, a Golden Retriever and a Catahoula
4. I can't fall asleep at night unless there is a TV show or movie on that I am VERY familiar with
5. I love to cook and bake
6. I've know my best friend for 15 years but we were never friends until 2002
7. I'm very competitive, I hate to lose, but I frequently do
8. I'm a part time photographer and I wish I could do it full time but the current economy doesn't allow it
9. Chocolate milk is wonderful; I would miss it very much if I couldn't have it any more
10. DH and I have 'shower time' together; not only do we save on our water bills but we have some of our best conversations there
11. I get upset when it rains and I am not at home; there is nothing better to me to curling up on the couch watching to rain
12. My husband is 6'7" and I'm 5'4"; people frequently stare
13. I love to make homemade ice cream
14. We are in the middle of our first IVF and it is by far one of the hardest things we've ever had to do
15. I love to look for new homes even though it will be a while before we can get out of this one...
16. Some of my favorite TV shows are: Friends, Seinfeld, Everyone loves Raymond, 30 Rock, The Office, Family Guy and Sex and the City
17. I have a very hard time staying asleep past 7 am
18. I hope that one day I will be able to travel to Italy, England, Scotland and Ireland to visit my families roots
19. We secretly plan what to do with the millions we are eventually going to win in the Lotto
20. I have a tendency to buy sour cream, shredded cheeses and butter every time I go grocery shopping, whether or not we need it
21. I am addicted to my blackberry; it's shameless
22. I've tried numerous times to go back to school to finish my degree; one day I know I will do it
23. I never knew my biological father; I was adopted by step-dad when I was 2.5; He died in 2007 and I miss him every day
24. When I get nervous I peel my nails
25. My grandparents are a shining example of what marriage should be; they'll be married for 67 years come December and I am so honored that my grandmother compares my marriage to hers
26. My mom is one of the strongest women I know; I can always call her and she know exactly what to say to make it better
27. DH and I have our list of baby names, though we are adding new names frequently
28. I love gadgets and electronics, I just wish I had more
29. I love to watch my husband play video games, I don't know why
30. I'm a huge sports fan, I have a lot of collectibles; we're looking for a Sports Room in our next house
31. I have a ton of nicknames for Quincy, our Golden Retriever; our Catahoula... just a couple
32. We are the last of our friends and families to have children (who are actively trying)
33. I hate to clean; but I do my best cleaning when Rick isn't awake or home
34. Every Saturday and Sunday I have to watch my 'programs' on the Family Channel otherwise my day isn't complete
35. I have a step brother and a step sister
36. I'm a candle whore, I have to have smelly good candles in and around the house
37. I don't regret much in life... except for not reconciling with my father before he died
38. I give the worlds best advice, only problem is people never listen until I get to say "I told you so"
39. I think that my husband is the sexiest man ever, sometimes just thinking about him makes me like a giddy school girl
40. I have a pretty fiery personality, I'm a typical Aries through and through
41. I can watch Back to the Future 1-3 over and over and over and never get tired of them.
42. I own all 10 seasons of Friends and will occasionally sit down and play them starting from episode one all the way through to the end no matter how long it takes
43. I can't leave the house without chap stick, I have the most chronic dry lips known to man
44. I've been to every RE in the general Tampa Bay area and think that I have finally found the right doctors
45. I fell in love with my husband almost instantly
46. I have green eyes; my husband calls them Creamy Jade
47. I love movie quotes, DH and I are constantly spouting them off to one another
48. My head is filled with a ton of useless knowledge
49. We tried out for World Series of Pop Culture a few years ago, we didn't make it because of our third winger
50. I love to give gifts, never good for the pocket book, but always good for my heart
51. I play Fantasy Football with the boys and I beat them
52. I had my heart broken twice about the same guy, then I met my husband, I'm a lucky girl
53. I love the people that I work with but I feel stuck in my job
54. I love to be the hostess, I prefer to sit around good food and conversation at home than at a restaurant or movie
55. Excuse me... time to take my shots...
56. I'm not what most would consider a girlie girl, but I have my moments (ie. bugs, spiders, sappy movies, love, etc.)
57. I love to lead a simple life
58. I have chronic sinus infections, which leads to chronic headaches, which leads to fun...
59. I love coming home and seeing my dogs faces in the window waiting for me
60. My favorites: number = 24, color = green
61. I like my pizza with everything (except anchovies & hot peppers) on it
62. I don't drink
63. I live near the beach but rarely go
64. Some of my favorite movies are: The Wedding Singer, Back to the Future 1-2, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Hangover, Romy and Michell's High School Reunion, Sex and the City, Day After Tomorrow
65. I wish that I could host my own cooking show
66. I have a ton of 'green' bags to use for the grocery store and almost always forget to bring them
67. This has become much harder than I initially thought... I'm REALLY reaching!
68. My dogs have BIG barks but are sweet as can be... most of the time!
69. I love planning home improvements but we've decided not to stay in this house so we'll have to curtail that until we get something new
70. I'm an early bird, which means not many late nights for me
71. I love cookbooks; I have a collection that takes up one full cabinet in our kitchen
72. I love the concept of the new movie Julie&Julia. I think it would be a great experiment to see how it would turn out. Julia Child was amazing
73. I believe that I should have grown up in the 50's; I very much want to be a housewife, the perfect June Cleaver (though that would probably drive DH crazy)
74. I could spend paycheck after paycheck at IKEA and Target
75. I hate to wear shoes; I only wear them because they are required of me
76. My husband's brother didn't speak to me for the first 4.5 years of our relationship, but once he realized I was sticking around he started opening up
77. Rick and I recently bought a stuffed animal for our child
78. I'm a homebody, I'm most comfortable at home, always have been always will be
79. I think Family Guy is one of the most brilliantly written shows, although sometimes they go too far, even for me
80. I collect shot glasses from everywhere I've been
81. I love Hollywood Gossip, but I don't read it as much as I used too
82. I lost my sunglasses 6 weeks ago and it is driving my nuts that I can't find them, but I've been too lazy to go buy more
83. I constantly crack my knuckles when they start to feel tight
84. My mom loaned us the money for our IVF, we have put everything we have into IF treatments and are now at the last notch, we're hoping to not need anymore meds for this cycle
85. This has been exhausting to try to do this that I'm actually thinking about going to bed... and it's only 7:46
86. I have been doing acupuncture for over a year and hope that it will help lead us to our baby
87. My husband just told me that I'm beautiful :)
88. Typically the first thing I do when I get home is get into my underpants
89. I love all types of music, but my all time favorites is the Dave Matthews Band
90. I was attacked by a dog when I was 5, which required reconstructive plastic surgery on my face
91. I love to play Mario Kart on our Wii when I have time
92. I've lost 43 pounds in the last year and kept it off
93. Through our TTC Journey, we've frequently thought about when God's lesson to us in all of this is... we finally determined the other night that it must be faith... it's the one thing we tend to lack too often
94. I have used almost all of my vacation/sick time at work on RE appointments
95. My parents divorce was the best thing to ever happen to my mom, she's blossomed so much since 1999, I'm so proud of her
96. I can touch my nose with my tongue... I can also balance a spoon on my nose for undisclosed periods of time... it doesn't take much to amuse my family...
97. Rick and I have created voices for our dogs, they amuse us, but I think we annoy them...
98. I have an abnormal fear of Spiders, I frequently have nightmares about them and wake up screaming... something DH appreciates at 1 in the morning...
99. I'm a whiz at the game Simon... it's quiet impressive...
100. If I could bring 5 things with me to a deserted island, I would bring 1) my husband 2) my dog, Quincy 3) a lifetime supply of mac and cheese 4) the Bible and 5) a tent

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

It's astonishing how much we actually have in common... I always tell my husband I was born in the wrong era...

I think your "shower time" is adorable.

I'm so glad you did this! Oh and thanks for the link.