6.30.2009

The Truth about Sperm...

from my point of view anyways...

Yesterday, I was having a conversation with my friend, Tina. She was kind enough to try and divert my attention from the fact that Rick is out of town until the end of the week. We talked about everything from work to Billy Mays untimely death to toilet bowl cleaner to food to paid surveys to litter boxes and finally ended up on Sperm Talk.

It started out innocent enough. We were talking about various supplements to help enhance our husbands "army". Next up she asked how many semen analyses he had....

me: 1 technically

tina: so explain what you mean by technically

me: well, they still look at his sperm with each IUI we've had and basically doesn't look any better or any worse

tina: i was thinking you had some sort of home testing or something

me: nah - it grosses me out. they always make me look at it.

tina: really?

me: yep - it's like bed bugs crawling around. they always shove my face in front of the microscope.

tina: weird

me: i always expected them to look like what you normally see sperm looking like... nope... hundreds of little guys flying around the slide... like little sperm with helmets... **zoom**

tina: LMAO

me: it freaks me out... i didn't know what i was looking at the first time... i thought i couldn't see anything... so dr. p got up there with me and looked at what i saw and said that was them... i almost died...

tina: lol

me: i seriously expected to see this...



tina: eyes and all? LMAO

me: well, maybe not with the eyes, but i expected to see something big... but this is what i saw... but teenier...




tina: that's pretty funny...

me: all the pictures i had ever seen of them and they were HUGE! i felt like a moron...

anywho... i hope you enjoyed my DUH moment of the day...

1 comment:

'Murgdan' said...

:-) Totally jealous though! They have NEVER let me see my husband's sperm! Not even a clue as to what they look like...or what their specific deformity is! Would love to look through that microscope!