7.03.2009

Show Your Ugly Face..... DAMMIT!!!

I have officially been on Lupron for 9 days... So far... AF has not shown up. Bitch needs to hurry up and get here! I feel like she's lurking in the background. But I think that she likes to mess with me... She knows that I'm supposed to start my stimming next week. Totally frustrating...

I went to acupuncture last night and informed her that she needed to kick it in to high gear to get AF here. I felt closer to starting last night. She informed me to keep massaging the inside of my legs so before going to bed last night I massaged my legs for about 5 minutes each.

Here's hoping that she comes sometime today or tomorrow.

**************************************

This is the second weekend that Rick and I don't have much planned. It is my hope that we keep most weekends free during this process, the weeks are stressful enough and to add a full weekend on top of that.... I find no relaxation in any of that.

**************************************

Lupron: As I said earlier, this is day 9. My headaches have started to subside and the night sweats aren't as bad. I'm pretty proud of myself that I haven't snapped at anyone. I've remained pretty clam during everything. Trust me, I know that this is just the beginning and we have a long road ahead...

Rick and I don't hide the fact that we're infertile. Though he might not be very big on telling people that he's half the problem... I do think that it has been easier on us to know that we both share responsibility. I've become very focused on trying to educate people. Sometime in having the 'We're Infertile' conversation with people, we get looks like they can't believe some of our stories. I frequently say that I should get a posse together and write a book; a sort of collection of infertility successes and failures... I know so many women (and men for that matter) who have stories upon stories... Maybe one day I'll finally figure out how to go about the concept...

:)

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

Hi there,

I found you through Cyclesista. I just thought I would commiserate on the uninformed fertiles at large. When we tell people about our issues, their eyes glaze over and they inevitably patronize us with the old "It'll happen when the time is right" card... They have no idea how massive the realm of Infertility is. All they know is the OctoMom, and Jon and Kate plus 8. Ugh. I think its great that you are trying to educate people. I try to inform them as well.

Hope AF has shown up by now. Good luck with your upcoming cycle.