7.24.2009

It's Been a Day

The day started at 4:30am. We got up, got dressed and drug our asses to the hospital for our retreival. We got to the hospital at our scheduled time of 5:30 and we were brought back to the pre-op room rather quickly. After changing from my street clothes into my gown, they started prepping me. I tend to get quirky before any sort of 'surgical' prcedure. So I proceded to crack jokes. Joke. Joke. Joke. I had the majority of the staff in stitches. It's my defense mechanisim when I get nervous.

Around 7 am, Dr. P walked in looking snazzy. Apparently he was so exhausted he forgot half of his access credentials . It was kinda funny. They wheeled me into the OR and pretty soon I was out. I don't even remember it.

HOWEVER....

I was abruptly made aware that a needle was being jabbed through my uterus at the very beginning. I was so out of it I couldn't open my eyes, but I felt and heard everything they did and said. It wasn't painful because I was out of it, but it was uncomfortable. I attribute this to the fact that my family has a pretty high tolerance for anesthetics.

They ended up with 5 eggs out of 7 follicles. We are happy with 5. We hoped for more, but beggars can't be choosers. Right now, we are on pins and needles for tomorrow morning in order to find out the status of our potential babies... If all goes well, our transfer will be Monday morning...

Please God, protect our babies...

6 comments:

Peaches said...

Praying that all 5 are nicely fertilizing as you wait...

Eileen said...

Sending embryo growing vibes your way! Good luck!

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you that you made it to retrieval and ended up with 5. Divide and conquer, little "soldiers!"

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

It's good that the staff were laughing. Sometimes people make jokes and just get stares in return.

Best of luck with your 5! Rest up!

ICLW

Kristin said...

Hoping and praying that you get a great fertilization report and at least one of your maybe babies turns into a forever baby.

~ICLW

twondra said...

Good luck! I hope you get a good report!!!