7.29.2009

Do You Believe in Miarcles?

Sunday was the worst day of our lives. To find out that we had been through so much and that our embryos stopped dividing was the most horrific news we could have possible imagined. I got physically ill. I tend to have that reaction when someone close to me dies. Which is exactly what we felt happened.

I had said long ago that if this IVF didn't work out that we were going to be a on long break from medicated cycles and take a trip of a lifetime. We decided that a Mediterranean Cruise to Italy and Greece would be just what we wanted to do. It's been a year and a half straight of fertility treatments and it's just so overwhelming that we know a break will be good for us.

I left my cell phone on Rick's nightstand told him it was his responsibility to answer the phone when it rang. I just didn't want to hear those words again from Dr. Ying. The heartbreaking words I had heard Sunday. Rick and I discussed that we just wanted a chance to have our transfer. That prayer was answered Monday morning when we found out that 2 of our babies woke up and decided to grow.

It is a miracle in its own right. Is this the miracle that we've so desperately worked for? We won't know for another week and a half. We can only sit back and pray that this roller coaster is one with a happy ending. Here's to our miracles.... may they florish and prosper... Mommy's waiting... :)

6 comments:

Banana Pancakes said...

Absolutely believe in miracles! Continuing to send you happy pregnant vibes :)

My Endo Journey said...

Sending prayers your way!

Lori LeRoy said...

You never know with this crazy fertility stuff! Hope the transfer goes well!

Peaches said...

I do believe in miracles--praying this one is yours!!!!!!!

ap said...

Thinking of you and your little miracles...

BB said...

I am praying that the miracle in your life continues. Super sticky vibes to you!