6.02.2009

Acupuncture or Bust...

It has been three long weeks since my last acupuncture appointment and I really missed it. I've been a steady acupuncture patient for the last year. My pracitioner specializes in fertility and my BFF used her while going through her IVF/ICSI cycle and ended up pregnant with her beautiful little girl.

In most of the research that I have done, coupling acupuncture with IVF increases the chances of a pregnancy by as much as 65%, which is HUGE... acupuncture can also increase the chances of a live birth by as much as 91%. I have such high expectations for this IVF. I hope that I'm not setting myself up for disaster. Our RE had a long conversation with us about the chances and how their numbers this year so far are even better than 2008 statistics. We left feeling great but we remain cautiously optimistic...

Tonight was my first night back and it was great. I left feeling so relaxed and hoping that my cycle starts any day now. My pratictioner poked me in a few different places to help the process along. I usually end up starting within 24 hours of her assistance...

**keeping my fingers crossed that AF shows up soon!**

I've become so impatient to get this moving along. Part of me hates that I'm going to be injecting the crap out of myself in the middle of the hot ass summer, but the other part of me just wants to get this over with and move on with everything.

On another note... I sat down with my boss the other day and explained the process of what will be going on and that during the ET (egg transfer), I might not be able to give ample notice about the time that I will need off. I know that a lot of people try to keep all of this on the DL with work, but I feel that it is necessary to keep my boss in the loop so that she can make ample arrangments if needed. Anywho... Signing off for the night...

ta ta for now...

3 comments:

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

Kerri,
I had no idea you were going through IVF. I am glad you added me and I can now follow you through your journey!

My fingers are crossed for you guys! You are such a wonderful person...I am sure you two will be blessed with a gorgeous, healthy baby!

Kiki said...

Jessica - Thank you so much... It's been a rough journey but we are looking at our IVF being at the end of July/beginning of August... :)

Jeff and Kerry said...

Make sure you do a pre and post-transfer session with your acupuncturist, too! Studies show that doing so increases your chances of a live birth by 25%!!!